Slow down and learn the true meaning of la dolce vita as you explore three of Italy’s most inviting destinations. Walk in the footsteps of Michelangel…
Basilica of Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio, Tuscan cooking class, Siena's Campo, San Gimignano wine tasting, Lucca’s city walls, San Martino Cathedral, Sa…
On this guided tour, you'll walk for about 2.5 hours daily across uneven terrain, including paved roads and cobblestone streets, with some hills and s…
Board your overnight flight to Florence today.
Welcome to Italy! Gather with your Tour Director and fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
With a local as your guide, get to know Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance, as you make your way through the UNESCO-recognized historic center.
• View the legendary Florence Cathedral, known as the Duomo
• Pass Giotto’s Campanile, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture
• See the Ponte Vecchio and Piazza della Signoria, the center of Florentine life
• Step inside the Basilica of Santa Croce, burial site of Michelangelo and Galileo
Enjoy free time to explore Florence or add an excursion.
Head just outside Florence to Fiesole, a historic Tuscan town perched on a hill overlooking the Renaissance city. Tonight’s dinner is set in a picturesque villa with panoramic views of the city below. Start your evening with an aperitif and then enjoy a refined Italian dinner with local wine. Please note: This excursion is seasonal and runs from April to mid October.4 hours and departs in the evening, dinner includedSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Spend a free day in Florence or add an excursion.This evening, learn how to make a traditional Tuscan meal under the direction of expert local chefs.
• Craft authentic pici pasta, two kinds of bruschetta, and tiramisu
• Pair your creations with wine for a delicious dinner you’ll enjoy with the group
Travel through the Tuscan countryside for a visit to Pisa’s Piazza dei Miracoli (Field of Miracles). You'll see the famed Leaning Tower and enjoy a tour of the adjacent cathedral and the Baptistery of St. John.5 hours and departure time variesSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Discover the essence of Tuscany on a full-day excursion.
• Join a local guide in Siena to discover the town’s black-and-white marble duomo and see brilliantly colored 16th-century frescoes in the Piccolomini Library
• Spend free time exploring the Campo, the square that’s the center of civic life
• Journey through the countryside to the town of San Gimignano, where you’ll have some free time to admire the city’s medieval towers and Tuscan hills
• Head to a nearby vineyard, where an included wine tasting awaits
Known for its Renaissance-era walls, the town of Lucca sits in the heart of Tuscany. You’ll get to know it on a guided tour.
• Walk along a section of the city’s walls and learn about their illustrious history
• Take in impressive views of the classic red-tiled rooftops, medieval churches, and swaths of cypress trees below
• Descend into the center of town to view the Palazzo Pfanner, Guinigi Tower, and Basilica of San Frediano
• Enter San Martino Cathedral and San Michel in Foro, a basilica known for its intricately inlaid facade
This afternoon, continue to the Italian Riviera.
Discover Cinque Terre, an idyllic cluster of five villages set on seaside cliffs.
• Travel by boat along the coast for dramatic cliffside views
• Stop for free time to explore the seaside villages of Vernazza and Monterosso
• Admire the Liguria region’s varied landscape as you transfer back to your hotel
Enjoy a free day to explore the Italian Riviera or add an excursion. Later, join the rest of your group for a farewell dinner.
Transfer to the Genoa airport for your flight home.
Prices are per person based on double occupancy, before flights, and vary by departure date. Select your preferred departure date and departure city to view your tour price with flights and hotel transfers included. Changes or cancellation will result in a fee of up to the total tour price. Last-minute specials are not combinable with any other promotional discount. Promotional discounts not combinable with any other promotional offer, including Group Coordinator and Group Benefit programs. Applicable airline baggage fees are not included. Please contact the airline for more information. Some countries may require aircraft insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. Such countries can be found at grouptoursite.com/insecticide. To view Go Ahead's complete Terms & Conditions, visit grouptoursite.com/terms. The tour operator for your trip is EF Education First International Ltd. CST 2060043-20.Terms and conditions